If you subscribed to my youtube channel, BeautySplurge, you may have seen this DIY video as my Christmas gift idea. In December, I wanted to make something that was chic and useful to organize everyone's life.... Well, at least in our home so here is my first blog post as a reminder that you can make these affordable bookends for Valentine's Day!
Bookend are more than just to hold books upright....
You can store jewelry, makeup palettes, music albums, DVDs, and more!
- Ruler- $2 Wood Board about 23 in W x 5 1/2 in H (I purchased the wood in the scrap bin from Home Depot)
- Wood Saw or ask hardware store staff to cut the wood for free
Make 1 set of bookends (You can adjust the measurements to your preference):
2 bottom wood squares cut to 5 1/2 in W x 5 1/2 in H
2 side wood blocks cut to 5 1/2 in W x 6 in H
- $1 to $12 Decorative Accent
Dollar Store Toy Solider and Giraffe
Blue Ceramic Bunny Jewelry Holder http://bit.ly/1iWQXfa
Cat Craze Jewelry Holder http://bit.ly/18UvteY
Forever21 Metal Bunny Holder
Salt & Pepper Dog Shaker from my kitchen
- Sand Paper from hardware store http://amzn.to/1jOtmvb
- Epoxy Quick Set Glue from hardware store http://amzn.to/1gZSwEC
- Ruler http://amzn.to/1jNYOtA
- $2 Popsicle stick from grocery store or craft store http://amzn.to/1aVgRG
- Spray Paint from the hardware store or craft store
Rust-Oleum Metallic Spray, Gold, 11-Ounce http://amzn.to/19C914z
Purple Rustoleum Paint http://amzn.to/J6l5Eu
White Paint http://amzn.to/1aVfNC8
Not into pictorials?
Watch my tutorial on how to make these fun bookends!