I'm in the mood to make soy candles. I forgot how fun they are to make. Yes, I love buying candles but making one from scratch is a unique gift for any occasion. One of the cutest ways to give thanks to our friends and family!
Have you seen my Diamond Inspired Candle DIY? This was my previous video on how-to make soy candles. It was pretty technical. For this post, I wanted to do something fun this time around. Also, I thought this will be a way I can say, "Thank you!" You are my inspiration and I will be giving away my candle artwork weekly with each video/blog post.
Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube channel for new candle art ideas. I already filmed three more just for this month alone.
Curious how candles are made? Watch my tutorial on this latest creation here. This can be a gift idea, party favors, and for candle lovers that enjoy dessert scents with the extra cuteness appeal with a cherry on top!
(This does not include the tools expense that I already own like pyrex cup, microwave, popsicle sticks, tape, measuring spoon, and whisk.)
(4 ounces makes 4 candles in 8 once glass containers, I ordered 1 pound of fragrance oils to make 14-16 candles.)
2. Soy Wax: http://amzn.to/1wxhylU(2 pounds makes about 8 candles in 8 ounce glass container)
3. Candle Wick: http://amzn.to/1CQf0Bg
4. Tumbler Drinking Glass: http://amzn.to/1px7PYB or http://amzn.to/1yfpv05
(Can find or buy dishwasher/microwave safe drinking glasses in the kitchen or department/store.)
5. Measuring Spoons: http://amzn.to/1nxYLqD
6. Whisk: http://amzn.to/ZMBW7M
7. Hot Glue & Gun: http://amzn.to/1r924Rq
8. Heat Safe Container that is microwave safe: http://amzn.to/1wi2d9E
9. Candle Dye: http://amzn.to/1Dwy9ucor
Crayon shavings: http://amzn.to/1wsvG1m
(USE WITH CAUTION. Using crayons to color can alter the burning duration and won’t be as effective to throw scent well compared to candle dye.)
11. Tape: http://amzn.to/1t8wIjB
12. Microwave: http://amzn.to/1t9oCFX
(Another heat source option is using the melting candle pot or double boiling method.)
13. Optional for Sugar Sprinkles: http://amzn.to/ZNgHCP