Happy Holidays Beauties♡
Tis the season to start thinking what presents to buy and/or make. If you are a candle addict or on a budget, try making soy latte candles as a gift idea. The cost will be cheaper if you plan to make a lot. I made them as gifts last year and everyone loved the quality of it!
In this video, I showed how to make two candles. Overall, I made 12 candles in 8 oz. glass tumblers. I used 4.5 lb. of soy wax with 4.5 oz. of candle fragrance oils that cost $5.00 per candle as a gift. My total was $60 without tax. This does not include the tools expense that I already own like pyrex cup, microwave, popsicle sticks, tape, measuring spoon, and whisk.
Thanks to Audible for sponsoring this tutorial! I have been listening to audio books for the past two years and there are over 150,000 books to discover to spark anyone's interest. Join me with a free audiobook: http://www.audible.com/beautysplurge. It's a 30 day membership trial. I'm hooked on it!
My friends recommended me to watch Divergent so I picked up the DVD for movie night next week. I decided to listen to the book while making candles first. I wanted to see what's the hype about before I end up on my couch watching the movie. If you enjoyed Hunger Games then this trilogy is up your alley. It's pretty good and I'm ready to listen to part two!
-Shop The Post-
Candle Making Soy Kit: http://bit.ly/1y4624j
Soy Candle Wax
- 2 pounds for $12: http://bit.ly/1CrFNce
- I used 5 pounds for $16: http://bit.ly/1A1FTlM
- 10 Pounds for $20: http://bit.ly/1rGRbqp
Classic Glass Tumbler that are heat safe!!!!
- Any drinking glass that are heat safe from the dollar store or home decor like Walmart and Target.
- 2 Cups = 6 oz soy wax flakes
- 12 Pack 8 oz. for $10.99: http://bit.ly/1A1eaBC
Candle Fragrance Oil:
- 1 ounce of fragrance oil makes 1 pound of candle wax
- 1 pound of soy candle flake wax = 2 cups of melted wax (16 fluid oz)
- Sampler Pack for $10 makes 4-6 Candles: http://bit.ly/1tpINMC
- Options to choose from: http://www.peakcandle.com
- I used 8 oz. of fragrance oil for $15 to make (12) 4 oz candles in 8 oz cups with 3.5 oz left over: http://bit.ly/1y2ZPpp
Candle Wick 50 Pieces for $9: http://bit.ly/1CrHOoH
Candle Dye Sample pack of 7 colors for $12: http://amzn.to/1Dwy9uc
Crayon Shavings: http://amzn.to/1wsvG1m
- (USE WITH CAUTION. Using crayons to color can alter the burning duration and won’t be as effective to throw scent well compared to candle dye.)
Cuticle Trimmer: http://bit.ly/1yw8HUp
Measuring Cut & Spoon Set: http://bit.ly/1rIDgQE
Candle Making Melting Pot to use on a stove top: http://bit.ly/15Lm5K2
Pyrex Measuring Cup: http://bit.ly/1z4qm3V
Popsicle Sticks: http://bit.ly/1yphUgi
Coffee Ground: http://bit.ly/1w5AefV
Hot Glue Gun: http://bit.ly/1tqRGp8